•The Quality of Life Grant funds adaptive equipment and technology and home modifications for quadriplegics and paraplegics.
• Applicants must be paralyzed from a spinal cord injury to qualify for consideration. People with paralysis due to a congenital or other health condition, including (but not limited to) stroke, traumatic brain injury, spina bifida, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, post-polio, Guillain-Barre´ Strohl Syndrome, ALS, all other neuropathies, and all other conditions causing disability are NOT eligible.
• Applicants who are able to walk, with or without assistance, are not eligible.
• Applicants must reside in the United States.
• There is no age requirement
• The average grant request is $3,500. The maximum grant awarded is $5,000. There is no minimum.
• Applicants must have financial need and may be asked to provide supporting financial documentation such as federal tax returns, SSI Benefit verification letters, etc.
• We DO NOT provide funding directly to the grant recipient or reimburse for equipment or services already purchased. Only qualified vendors are eligible for payment.
• Applicants must meet ALL guidelines, and applications must be filled out completely or they will not be considered.
• The Travis Roy Foundation will not accept telephone inquiries about this program.
• Applications are considered year-round. Notifications are sent by mail four to six weeks after a complete application is received.
• Grants are canceled if not used within one year of the award.
• You must wait at least 2 years after a decision to apply again.
Click on the button below to apply for a Travis Roy Foundation Quality of Life Grant.
To apply via mail, click here to print out a paper application and mail the completed application to:
Travis Roy Foundation
Quality of Life Grants Program
101 Huntington Avenue, Suite 520
Boston, MA 02199