The Travis Roy Foundation is proud to be an official Partner of John Hancock in the Marathon Non-Profit Program.
This year, we are grateful to have received five invitational bibs for the 125th Boston Marathon®. We are looking for a passionate team of runners who are dedicated to honoring Travis’ memory and his mission of helping spinal cord injury survivors live more independent and hopeful lives. We are currently accepting applications for the in-person Boston Marathon on October 11, 2021.
Run with Team TRF and raise money to Help Others Move Forward. Through our partnership with experienced running coach John Furey, runners on our team will receive:
- Individualized 22-week training plan and coaching assistance anytime via email from Coach Furey
- Complimentary injury screenings whenever needed with Joint Ventures Physical Therapy (multiple locations throughout Boston and surrounding areas)
- Weekly email newsletter addressing all training-related topics and FAQ
- 16 supported Saturday group runs beginning June 19th
- Training manual filled with valuable information
- Wednesday group hill runs beginning in July
- Bi-weekly personalized check-in from Coach Furey
In addition, the TRF staff will provide:
- Ongoing support through Foundation staff
- Team kickoff meeting
- Travis Roy Foundation singlet to wear on race day
- Race weekend support for you and your family
- The opportunity to be a 2021 Boston Marathon finisher!
If you have questions, please contact: