On January 14th and 15th, four top high school hockey programs will square off for the 5th Junior Beanpot Hockey Tournament at the Foxboro Sports Center. For the last five years, the junior hockey community of Eastern Massachusetts has played this tournament to support the Travis Roy Foundation and to help spinal cord injury survivors lead more independent and hopeful lives. The Junior Beanpot also introduces the next generation of Boston-area hockey players to philanthropy. The first $5,000 raised will be matched by an anonymous donor– help us meet and exceed this challenge!!
This year, as the kids who have grown up with this event are now in high school, this year’s tournament will bring together four top high school teams from the Boston area. The event will have added meaning as we come together to honor the legacy of Travis Roy.
The tournament schedule is as follows
- 5:30 pm: Bishop Feehan plays Newton North
- 7:30 pm: Opening Ceremony (special guests include Lee and Brenda Roy and the National Anthem performed by Todd Angilly
- 8:00 pm: Brookline vs. Lexington
- 5:30 pm: Consolation Game
- 8:00 pm: Junior Beanpot Championship Game
Junior Beanpot Donation Form