The Travis Roy Foundation is proud to be an official Partner of John Hancock in the Marathon Non-Profit Program.
We are grateful to have received seven invitational bibs for the 126th Boston Marathon®, which will be our final race for Team TRF. A passionate team of runners, dedicated to honoring Travis’ memory and his mission of helping spinal cord injury survivors live more independent and hopeful lives, has been selected.
While our seven invitational bibs are spoken for, we are accepting applications for qualified runners interested in helping advance the mission of the Travis Roy Foundation at the in-person Boston Marathon on April 18, 2022.
Run with Team TRF and raise money to Help Others Move Forward. Through our partnership with experienced running coach John Furey, runners on our team will receive:
- Individualized 22-week training plan and coaching assistance anytime via email from Coach Furey
- Complimentary injury screenings whenever needed with Joint Ventures Physical Therapy (multiple locations throughout Boston and surrounding areas)
- Weekly email newsletter addressing all training-related topics and FAQ
- Training manual filled with valuable information
- 16 supported Saturday group runs
- Wednesday group hill runs
In addition, the TRF staff will provide:
- Ongoing support through Foundation staff
- Team kickoff meeting
- Travis Roy Foundation singlet to wear on race day
- Race weekend support for you and your family
- The opportunity to be a 2022 Boston Marathon finisher!
Please note that per the Boston Athletic Association, proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required for runners to participate in the 2022 Boston Marathon.
If you have questions, please contact: TeamTRF@TravisRoyFoundation.org