We’re Hiring! Administrative Assistant Job Description
The Travis Roy Foundation (TRF) seeks an Administrative Assistant interested in supporting a nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of paralyzed survivors of traumatic, accident-related spinal cord injuries through individual grants of adaptive equipment, and through the promotion of cutting-edge medical research. In the twenty-one years since Travis Roy founded the TRF, the extraordinary generosity of volunteers and donors, large and small, has created new opportunities for the TRF, and we are seeking the right team member to enhance the TRF at a time of organizational growth.
The TRF is committed to building and maintaining a culture that values our people as our most important assets and as partners in our success. Please consider applying for the Administrative Assistant role if you are interested in advancing the nonprofit sector and our mission to help those with paralysis. The ideal candidate is cheerful, resourceful, inquisitive, enjoys creating calm and order out of chaos, and can find humor almost anywhere. You must be at ease in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment where no day is ever the same. This full-time role will be based out of the TRF’s office at 101 Huntington Avenue in Boston, accessible through the Prudential Center.
The Assistant will be responsible for key administrative needs of the organization, supporting the current foundation staff of three, myriad activities, and high-level volunteers. He/she will report to the Director of Operations. The Assistant will be encouraged to use their professional talents and interests to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate.
Development and Communications Responsibilities shall include:
1. Assisting with the Adaptive Equipment Grant Process: including applicant communications, data entry, drafting committee materials for review, processing results in database, and applicant and vendor communications.
2. Assisting in processing incoming checks, matching gift processing, deposits, and gift acknowledgements.
3. Helping coordinate numerous special events throughout the year.
4. Social media posts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
General Administrative Responsibilities shall include:
1. Maintaining organized, professional office systems and atmosphere.
2. Office reception, telephone duty, office supply procurement and equipment maintenance.
3. Responding to or routing email and phone inquiries.
4. Establishing and maintaining appropriate files, both physical and electronic
5. Meeting and event coordination, including navigating building security, scheduling, parking, catering, and other special activities.
6. Supporting the day to day communications and activities of staff.
7. Supporting the work of TRF colleagues, the board of directors and key TRF volunteers.
8. Assisting with the bulk mailing process.
9. Other tasks as necessary.
Salary: $42,000 – $47,000. Three weeks paid vacation and other benefits.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
Previous nonprofit experience
Experience with Office365, Raiser’s Edge, and/or TeamRaiser
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Lisa Kielt by April 20, 2018.